Thursday 6 June 2013

Lapataganj Ek Baar Phir is like blessing in disguise to me, says Rohitash Gaud!

Lapataganj Ek Baar Phir is like blessing in disguise to me, says Rohitash Gaud!

9 hours ago
Actor Rohitash Gaud is all glad that Lapataganj is coming with its season 2 on SAB TV. He will continue to play Mukund in the second season of and admitted that he was heartbroken when the show went off air.

For those unaware, after successfully completing 850 episodes, Lapataganj went off-air in January this year. However, now it is back after taking a six-year leap. While speaking at the launch of the new season, Rohitash shared, "I was heartbroken when the show went off air. I could not see any point in that. But now the show is back so I am very, very happy. It's like 'blessing in disguise' (for me)”.

He has earlier been part of the shows like Hum Aapke Hain In Laws and Yeh Pyar Na Hoga Kam. "May be new colors and new flavors were destined to come in the show," he said. Lapataganj showcased the life of a common man in an imaginary village where basic amenities are limited, but emotionally they were contented.

Now in Lapataganj Ek Baar Phir, the villagers will be provided with water, electricity, mobile phones and ATM facilities but they will continue to struggle as nothing works properly. Not just Rohitash, his co-star Sucheta Khanna, who plays Indumati, his wife in the show, is excited too.

"I am super charged (for the show) and I will give a better shot this time. It's one of the most successful roles of my career," she said.

Produced by Garima Productions and directed by Ashwani Dhir, Lapataganj Ek Baar Phir! will go on air June 10 at 10 p.m. on SAB TV.

No comments: