Saturday 12 October 2013

I am not your typical actress, says Vishakha Singh!

I am not your typical actress, says Vishakha Singh!
I am not your typical actress, says Vishakha Singh!

Yesterday at 04:32pm
Having few not-over-the-top successful films in her kitty, actress Vishakha Singh is yet to taste success, something that provide her name, fame and fan following. She debuted with Hindi film Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey that turned a big flop at box-office, but somehow her acting skills managed to leave a spark in the minds of many filmmakers. 

She then signed a Tamil film Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya, which turned a hit of her career, followed by Bajatey Raho, Ankur Arora Murder Case and Fukrey. She is now busy with projects from both Hindi as well as regional Tamil and Telugu industries. Her next would be a horror film opposite Nawazuddin Siddiqui.

Talking about the journey, from struggling days to now, Vishakha elaborates, “After my first Hindi film Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey did not work, I began taking acting seriously. Before Khelein, I had done some films from down south and saved some money. That was the time, last year in May, when Anurag Kashyap and Guneet Monga were looking for funds for a couple of their films, and I decided to chip in. Just when I decided to move into production, I got four film offers - my Tamil film, Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya - which is now a huge hit, Bajatey Raho, Ankur Arora Murder Case and Fukrey.”

Does it mean Anurag Kashyap helped her to sustain place in tinsel town? Explaining to that she said, “Once a journalist for a vernacular paper had called me and said, Ab toh aap Anurag Kashyap ke saath jud gayi hain, ab aapke career mein kaafi badhautri hogi. I told him, Anurag Kashyap ka mere career mein koi yogdaan nahi hai. Anurag's and my parents are childhood friends. I meet him once or twice a year, we meet at the Cannes film festival, say 'Hi', and that's about it. I don't have a godfather in the industry, I don't party and socialize with people from the industry. I'm not your typical actress.”

No comments: